The technology developed at Whitefox has been proven through over eight years of industrial experience. Ethanol producers benefit from this experience in a number of ways, including:
- Up to 50% energy savings in an ethanol dehydration section
- Up to 50% water savings (including both cooling and make-up water) in the dehydration section,
- For sugarcane bio-ethanol producers, a 5-10% increase in cogeneration output from bagasse, a sugarcane by-product often lost as waste
In addition, customers benefit from:
- A modular system design that can be scaled from 100,000 LPY (about 26,400 US gal/year) to more that 100 million LPY (about 26.4 million US gal/year). This means we are able to cater for small producers as well as larger ones, and also allow for expansion
- Limited annual maintenance, as the process does not require regular replacement of components. In addition, because of our equipment's modularity, it is not necessary to stop the entire process to carry out maintenance on an individual module.
- A continuous process, as the membranes do not saturate and therefore dehydration operates on a continuous basis rather than on a batch basis.
- Flexible production, as our membranes can dehydrate ethanol over 75% to 99.95% in a single continuous step. This gives our customers the flexibility to react quickly to changes in market at any time.
- Limited retrofitting, as our modules are extremely diverse and do not require further cooling apparatus. Compared to conventional technologies their required space is low.
Extensive know-how enables Whitefox to warrant the quality and the quantity of the contractually agreed production capacity for the entire period of a technology licence.