Field Engineer - United States
Location: based in the Midwest with projects accross the US
Client on-site engineering support for customer projects delivery, start-up and commissioning. We are looking for a highly motivated individual for a field engineering position at various client facilities. The individual will positively interact with employees of the client company on a daily basis and coordinate deployment and integraton of Whitefox's technology at client's facilities. Daily tasks will include operating and optimizing Whitefox technology, taking and testing samples, and analysing data. The individual must be capable of working independent of direct supervision for extended periods of time.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Start-up and shutdown of industrial equipment without supervision.
- Take samples, perform basic chemical analysis, and analyze process data.
- Originate and apply simulation tools to optimize pinch analysis.
- Build positive relationships with clients on a daily basis.
- Write SOPs, technical reports, test procedures, and other technical documents.
- Equipment sizing and design (e.g. heat exchangers, pumps, membrane modules, distillation/extraction columns).
- Process engineering calculations, equipment selection & procurement and fabrication monitoring.
REQUIRED KNOWLDEDGE AND SKILLS:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering (or related degree).
- Laboratory and/or industrial experience.
- High level of English proficiency (native speaker preferred).
- Strong knowledge of process simulation, Microsoft Office Suite with high proficiency in MS Excel (level 2 or 3).
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external parties.
- Must be amenable towards moving to and living near client facilities for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work without direct supervision for extended periods of time.
- Manage multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy.