We are looking for an In-house Legal counsel that has successfully supported management and an in-house projects team in the past. We provide meaningful and challenging work in a vibrant, fun, diverse and collegial environment. We are looking for someone who is excited to work with a fast growing, award winning company and support our teams in London, Calgary and the US on all legal matters.
You will act as sole legal counsel and safeguard our reputation by ensuring that the company and its subsidiaries comply with legal requirements in the various jurisdictions in which the group operates and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues. This is an excellent opportunity to join our global team.
- Provide legal support and advice to upper management on relevant legal issues (including employment law, general corporate matters, international collaborations, funding arrangements etc.)
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, statutory regulations and other formalities
- Draft and negotiate legal documents such as contracts, confidentiality agreements, employment agreements etc.
- Develop and execute procedures for protecting patents, trademarks, and industrial designs
- Handle litigation and support management on devising efficient strategies for dealing with contentious matters
- Specify internal governance policies and manage all company secretarial requirements
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Keep up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company's legal function
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales from a top tier law firm
- At least 2 years of in-house experience
- Ideally in-house role(s) will have been in technology or engineering industries with operations in a US jurisdiction where you had broad responsibility for all or most legal matters
- In addition, you will be resourceful, adaptable, well organised and happy to work across different time zones and cultures
Location: London, UK
Start date: Immediate
If interested in this position then please send
cover letter and resume to email@example.com